Sunday, July 17, 2011

My landlord gave me a notice to vacate, then conditionally changed her mind. Should I stay?

So about a month ago I noticed some spots growing on my carpet, and I complained to my landlord because it freaked me out. She got pissed but fixed it. In the meantime my lease was expiring and my roommate was moving out. My roommate is a slob. My landlord made a bunch of comments about how dirty the place was and then handed me a notice to vacate. So I thought it was that she thought it was because we are dirty. Well she's just pissed about the carpet. I would like to add that she is bitching at me constantly over minor things. She has spend about an hour a day for a week bitching about the most random things, until she gave the notice to vacate. My boyfriend wanted me to ask her to reconsider. I didn't want to but I broke down after he nagged me for 2 weeks. She called me today, and after bitching at me for over an hour and a half, she said she would think about it and call me back next week. But, if she did allow me to stay it would be month to month so that she could give me another notice to vacate and I needed to understand that was the only way she would let me stay. She says she will get back to me next week. But, I need to keep looking other places. Now, my boyfriend is mad because I asked him to miss work to help me find places to live. We live together. He just keeps saying he wants to stay here. But, I want security that I wont get evicted. Should I plan on staying when I really only have 30days?

No comments:

Post a Comment