Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rabbit Anal Gland Build Up?

My bunny Hefna is about 3 years old. Tonight while I was clipping her nails I decided to trim her up, she's half lionhead half Dutch and super fluffy, as she had a bit of messy fur. While clipping I found two large, brown, waxy...things that scared the daylights out of me! I VERY carefully was able to remove them and panicked when I found a hole either side of her pubic mound that had tanish brown goo that smelled horrible. I was beside myself until a few Google results later. I understand they are anal glands now, but how do I know if she is infected? Also, is there anything I can use to help prevent infection/keep her clean? I'd like to avoid a vet trip if possible, but I will bring her if this is serious. In all my years with small animals I have NEVER heard of this. I don't want my bunny getting sick because of my lack of knowledge. =[

No comments:

Post a Comment